Wednesday, August 13, 2008

From the Mailbag: Proud to be a Union Member

Hi brothers and sisters,I am so proud to be a union member I have been in a union for 8 years. I understand without union the company will do anything they want to do to us. I feel ashamed when I saw workers showing up to work and not supporting their union when the union is fighting for them. I realize that everyone has family and responsibilities such as paying bills etc., but if we don't stick together we going to prolong the strike. We need to remember that the company give very little, but they take away a lot. In the future we might not have any more jobs like this in the U.S. that's why we cannot back out now and we must hold on until we win this fight.

God bless everyone who have been supporting this fight, especially those who have been standing outside in the cold rain or burning sun with picket signs protesting.

Jennifer Nguyen
Department 304