Wednesday, August 6, 2008

One Proud Union Member's Wife Speaks Out!

After meeting with the President of the Union, I went to a BBQ with my husband. (He's in the union and walking PROUD!) When we got there, I was introduced to a lot of people. One of the people there was a scab. I was instantly upset. Here is this guy crossing the very line that my husband was picketing for that scabs rights too! The more this scab talked, however, the more excited I got. Why? He was telling us that its a ghost town inside. There is nothing but chaos. Salary people attempting to do what we do. He said the tension was THICK where ever he went. People that worked in a certain area was being shoved into areas where they had no clue what to do!

Do you know what that means? It means we're winning! Their contingency plan is to run around like they have their heads cut off scrambling to do our jobs! I felt so good knowing that we are making a difference! We are going to get the respect we deserve!

Even though I'm not a part of HBC, I felt the unity on Sunday night. I felt like most Americans did right after 9/11! There was such a united front and a sense of family! I'm proud to tell people my husband is in the Union and he is standing up for what is right!

Keep your heads up! We ARE going to make it! Just one more day!

Stephanie Whitman, wife of a union member.