Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our Health Care Contributes to Financial Difficulties.

I completely support my husband's decision... we talked about it together before he voted. I read the paperwork over and did not feel the company was telling the truth... there were some things that were unclear. I shared this with him but did not suggest how he should vote. We prayed about it.
The healthcare from the last contract has contributed to our financial difficulties... we lost our house. Still trying to get it sold on a short sale... but we moved out last October. After the last contract was voted in... I had surgery. At which point we learned the horrible truth of our health insurance. It was the co-insurance that got us and we have about $1,000 in bills we still have not pd and will likely be turned over to an attorney now that we cannot pay those. I am not working... my son has a learning handicap so I work to tutor him at home. These have additional expenses for my training of which is not pd except out of our pocket. There have been other issues as well...
Please do not disclose my name if you share this information. I had my battles with the insurance company as well but never thought to make the union aware of the issues. I was laid off back in 2001 from Raytheon... it was such a horrible experience I vowed never to work in manufacturing again... I went back to college and got a dual Masters degree in Human Resource Development and Computer Resources and Information Management. This work is my husband's life... so I support his decision. It is scary for me right now... I am praying... I have the Brooklyn Tabernacle praying for us!
God Bless You!