Wednesday, August 13, 2008

From the Mailbag: There Are Many Rumors Flying Around

Brothers and sisters in Solidarity,

We are here in the middle of week two of what could be a very long strike. There are many rumors flying around, and I believe everyone is desperate for some news on how it is going. I wish I had answers, but I will remind you of a few things that have happened so far and maybe a few facts that not everyone wants to remember.

The "Company" keeps telling us that this is the best contract in 20 years that they have offered. Now, I've been at Raytheon/Hawker Beechcraft since 96 and I remember things. I remember a 5 year contract that was rejected. Then in 2001, there was a 3 year contract that was rejected. OH, then in 2004, a 3 year deal that was REJECTED. In each of the previous mentioned years, the membership did not show the willingness to strike, so we had to go to work under contracts that we REJECTED. The Senior Management team seems to not want to remember that fact.

The company wants you to believe that things are "normal" inside. I ask you this, IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN DO YOUR JOB AS WELL AS YOU? Do you actually think that the salary folks are capable of stepping in and doing the type of work that you do? I do not believe so. I'm not saying they wont try, But I bet that when we do finally get a contract that is accepted by this membership, that we all have to go into those plants and FIX THEIR MISTAKES.

I really hope that the company and OUR CUSTOMERS read this and remind them all...WE BUILD THE PLANES!!!. Simple truth folks. ONE DAY LONGER!!!

Bob Parsons